Family law matters often involve some of the most emotional, and even contentious, issues in law. I understand that individuals and families facing these issues are going through a challenging and stressful period. In such times, the experienced and objective guidance of compassionate attorney is essential.
At Laurie P. Mullen, Attorney at Law, I have 25 years of experience helping clients throughout Bristol County, Massachusetts, find effective solutions to their family law problems. Whether you are going through a divorce or seeking to adopt a child, my primary concern at every stage is protecting your best interests by providing thoughtful legal advice and superior representation.
My Family Law Practice
Every family situation presents different needs and goals. In my family law practice, I focus my efforts on providing sound advice and crafting tailored legal solutions that fit your life. I assist men and women in the following:
- Divorce, contested and uncontested
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support, including cases involving the Department of Revenue
- Spousal support/alimony
- Enforcement and modifications of family court orders
I also offer divorce mediation services. Generally speaking, mediation is a faster, less costly and more civil process than litigation. Above all, mediation allows divorcing parties greater control over the outcome of their divorce, rather than having a court impose its decision on important issues like child custody and property division.
Of course, not all divorces are suitable for mediation. If litigation is necessary to protect your best interests, you can be confident knowing that I am an experienced trial attorney who is prepared to zealously advocate for you in court.
My Other Practice Areas
In addition to family law, I also represent clients in:
- Personal injury — I represent clients who have suffered a personal injury in a car or other motor vehicle accident. You deserve just compensation for your losses, including medical expenses and lost wages, as well as for pain and suffering and future medical treatment. Before giving any statement or accepting any settlement offer from an insurance company, contact me. There is no legal fee unless I recover for you.
- Basic estate planning — I create wills and trusts to help ensure that your estate is distributed according to your wishes after your death. I also draft powers of attorney and health care proxies to express your wishes regarding medical and financial decision-making in the event that you are unable to make these decisions yourself.
Schedule an Appointment
To discuss your family law, personal injury or estate planning needs with an experienced lawyer, call me at 508-679-9811 or 508-252-2300, or contact me online to schedule a meeting.
My office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5, with other times and off-site visits available by appointment. For your convenience, I accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Nos falamos Portugues